To install this theme you must have a working version of WordPress already installed. For information in regard to installing the WordPress platform, please see the WordPress Codex – http://codex.wordpress.org/Installing_WordPress When you are ready to install a theme, you must first upload the theme files and then activate the theme itself. The theme files can be uploaded in two ways:
Using The WordPress Admin Dashboard
- Step 1. Head over to Appearance > Themes in your WordPress dashboard
- Step 2. At the top of the page click Add New then on the next page click Upload Theme button
- Step 3. Locate the 5th-avenue.zip file you extracted from the ThemeForest download archive and click the Install Now button
- Step 4. Once you have uploaded the theme, you need to activate it by going to Appearance > Themes, and activate “5th-Avenue”.
- Step 5. After you click activation you’ll be redirected to setup wizard. It will help you to install required plugins, create child theme and import some basic theme settings, fonts and color options (from Man’shop demo).
- You’re now ready to use 5th Avenue theme, begin importing demos if you wish or start configuring theme options and creating content!
* Some plugins like WooCommerce may require to complete their setup Wizard also in order to work properly.
* If you’ll decide to skip Setup Wizard then you’ll have to install plugins manually
Troubleshooting Possible Errors
Are you sure you want to do this? Please try again.
This is most likely occurring because your server has a low maximum file size upload set in the PHP settings. Currently the 5th-Avenue theme is around 8mb because of the sets of possible demo content/included plugins. You must either increase the following PHP settings to be greater than 8M (Any reputable hosting company will assist you with this quickly & hassle free or read more about how to do it yourself: How to Increase the Maximum File Upload Size in WordPress on wpbeginner.com.):
or you can upload the theme through FTP instead to bypass this all together.
Missing style sheet error when installing the theme
That’s a common issue caused by uploading the wrong zip file. You need to install WordPress files only not the whole package. Go back to http://themeforest.net/downloads and when clicking the Download button, choose the “Installable WordPress file only“.
Uploading through FTP
- Step 1. Unzip the 5th-avenue.zip file from your ThemeForest download onto your computer
- Step 2. Upload the extracted 5th-avenue folder to /wp-content/themes/ on your server
- Follow step 4 from the Using The WordPress Admin Dashboard from above.